Top Cairns & the Tropical North Air Tours
Saved to wishlist!
12 results | All Cairns & the Tropical North Tours
Customize your visit to the Great Barrier Reef from Cairns with your selection from three travel options with a choice of snorkeling, scuba diving, and a one-way or round-trip scenic helicopter tour. Admire views of the Great Barrier Reef from your helicopter as you get a multi-angled perspective on one of the world’s top natural wonders. Then enjoy a close experience of the coral reef by choosing to snorkel or enroll in an optional scuba diving course (additional expense).
Enjoy unforgettable views of Australia’s Great Barrier Reef as you fly over the UNESCO-listed natural wonder in a helicopter. Experience the magnitude of the vast reef as you float overhead on a 25-minute flight, spotting landmarks like Green Island and Upolo Cay and swooping low enough to see coral clusters and schools of tropical fish and rays. This tour includes pick-up from Cairns and Northern Beaches hotels.
Get a rounder perspective of the Great Barrier Reef by viewing it from the air on this scenic flight from Cairns. Soaring over the UNESCO-listed reef allows you to take in its colors and appreciate its vastness. Enjoy unobstructed photo opportunities from your window seat as you take in such sights as Green Island, Upolu Cay, Vlassof Cay, and Michaelmas Reef.
Enjoy the best of both worlds on this exhilarating 45-minute helicopter flight, crossing both land and sea. Swoop over the lush rainforest and thundering waterfalls of the Barron Gorge, then admire the vast reefs and aquamarine waters of the UNESCO-listed Great Barrier Reef. Spot landmarks like Stoney Creek Falls, Green Island and Arlington Reef, and snap aerial photos of the Northern Beaches and Palm Cove. This tour includes hotel pick-up and drop-off from Cairns.
Get a bird’s-eye perspective of Tropical North Queensland on an unforgettable hot air balloon flight at sunrise. Soar over the Atherton Tablelands as golden sunlight breaks across beautiful farmlands, rivers, and forests. Choose the duration of your flights and enjoy pickup and drop-off from your Cairns, Northern Beaches, or Palm Cove hotel. It’s a breathtakingly beautiful way to start your day!
Experience Cairns’ highlights on an all-day sightseeing tour that combines skyrail, train, and plane. After a hassle-free pickup from Cairns City Centre, enjoy a “Reef Hopper” flight over Green Island, Arlington Reef, and other picturesque sites. Glide above a rainforest in the Skyrail cable car and board the Kuranda Scenic Rail for gorgeous views of waterfalls, mountains, and ravines—all on one convenient excursion.
Discover one of the world’s most breath-taking natural wonders from the sea and the sky on this 6-hour tour from Cairns. Marvel at the UNESCO-listed Great Barrier Reef as you cruise out to the Moore Reef pontoon; enjoy swimming and snorkeling amid schools of tropical fish and spot marine life from a glass-bottom or semi-submersible boat. After tucking into a hearty buffet lunch (included), return to the mainland on a thrilling helicopter flight and admire spectacular aerial views along the coast.
Experience the Great Barrier Reef from the air and sea with a helicopter flight and cruise from Cairns. Depending on the tides and weather, head to either Norman or Saxon Reef where you'll be able to snorkel, relax on the sun deck, and enjoy an Aussie BBQ lunch. Following that, you'll get the chance to soar over picturesque reef systems before returning to the boat.
Enjoy aerial views of the Great Barrier Reef on a scenic flight from Cairns. With window seats guaranteed, this flight features informative commentary from your pilot as you fly over the city of Cairns, then head out over the turquoise sea to Green Island and Palm Cove. Pass over Arlington Reef, Upolu Reef, Double Island and North Queensland’s coast before heading back to the mainland. Your flight also includes a free transfer courtesy bus from your centrally located accommodations in Cairns.
We have a great Fly & Cruise combo with Bigcat Green Island Cruise, it’s a fantastic deal with lot of inclusions. For only $319 per adult your tour you will save $26.00 comparing to booking individual tours. This combo includes our 40 minutes Reef Hopper flight, the Bigcat Green Island Full Day Reef Rocket Tour (FDRR), buffet lunch (Pk2), and you also get a choice between free snorkel equipment hire or glass bottom boat tour!
Fly to Lizard Island from Cairns for a full day of fun in a tropical paradise. Soar above the Coral Sea and get great views of the Great Barrier Reef and rain forest from above. After landing, you can go snorkeling to see colorful fish, coral reef, and giant clams; take a walk to Cooks Lookout; and relax on the beach. Your tour includes a local guide, lunch and snacks, and round-trip flight from Cairns.
See the Great Barrier Reef on this scenic flight from Cairns to Cooktown. A unique way to explore the vast region of Tropical North Queensland, fly over the World Heritage Rainforest and see the expanse of the Australian landscape stretch out in all directions. Land in Cooktown and let your driver take you to see all the local historic monuments and lookout points that make this such a popular destination.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Air Tours in Cairns & the Tropical North?
The best Air Tours in Cairns & the Tropical North according to Viator travelers are:
What Air Tours in Cairns & the Tropical North are 1 hour or less?
Air Tours in Cairns & the Tropical North that are 1 hour or less are:
What Air Tours in Cairns & the Tropical North are taking additional safety precautions?
These Cairns & the Tropical North experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Air Tours in Cairns & the Tropical North are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Cairns & the Tropical North may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Great Barrier Reef 30-Minute Scenic Helicopter Tour from Cairns
- Ultimate Great Barrier Reef and Rainforest 45-minute Helicopter Tour
- Hot Air Ballooning Tour from Cairns
- Great Barrier Reef 40 Minute Scenic Flight from Cairns - Reef Hopper
- Scenic Cooktown & Outback (Fly/Drive) from Cairns, CNS Beaches or Port Douglas
- Art & Culture
- Audio Guides
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Extreme Sports
- In the Air
- Air Tours
- Helicopter Tours
- Hot Air Balloon Rides
- Motor Sports
- On the Ground
- On the Water
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Bus Tours
- Cable Car Tours
- Glass Bottom Boat Tours
- Rail Tours
- Trolley Tours
- Water Tours
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Unique Experiences
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Wet Tropics World Heritage Area Tours & Tickets
- Rusty's Markets Tours & Tickets
- Esplanade Boardwalk Tours & Tickets
- Centenary Lakes Tours & Tickets
- Cairns Night Markets & Food Court Tours & Tickets
- Granite Gorge Nature Park Tours & Tickets
- Muddy's Playground Tours & Tickets
- Fitzroy Island Tours & Tickets
- Barron Gorge National Park Tours & Tickets
- Australian Butterfly Sanctuary Tours & Tickets
- Cairns Zoom & Wildlife Dome Tours & Tickets
- RainForeStation Nature Park Tours & Tickets
- Cairns Aquarium Tours & Tickets
- Lake Barrine Tours & Tickets
- Kuranda Koala Gardens Tours & Tickets
- Cairns Botanic Gardens Tours & Tickets
- Cairns Cruise Port Tours & Tickets
- Mt. Whitfield Tours & Tickets
- Mamu Tropical Skywalk Tours & Tickets
- Michaelmas Cay Tours & Tickets
- Things to Do in Cairns with Kids
- Romantic Things to Do in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 2 Days in Cairns
- Things to Do in Cairns This Summer
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 3 Days in Cairns & the Tropical North
- Things to Do in Cairns This Winter
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets