- Entry to Kuranda Koala Gardens and Birdworld, two of the top wildlife attractions in Cairns
- Get close to a koala and meet kangaroos and wallabies in a free-range enclosure
- Enjoy close-up encounters with freshwater crocodiles, monitor lizards, wombats, quokkas and wallabies
- See one of the largest collections of free-flying birds in Australia. Observe the Amazonian macaws, cassowary, lorikeets, galahs and cockatoos
- See the rare greater bilby, the northern bettong, mahogany glider and more in the new ‘Nocturnal Wonders’ exhibit
What To Expect
At the Koala Gardens, you’ll receive your ticket for Birdworld, so head there next to experience a huge flock of free-flying birds. Within walking distance of the Koala Gardens, Birdworld is home to large aviary that mimics a rainforest habitat, where more than 80 species of native birds, some rare, fly among the lush landscape and water features. See birds like parrots, lorikeets and bowerbirds, and look for cassowaries, rarely seen in the wild. You might also spot international visitors like South American macaws.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY Kuranda Koala Gardens
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "You can also feed some of the animals, if they choose to accept your offering :D Birdworld was a lot more fun as the birds fly around freely and perch on you without fear." See review